New Position Available @ HLB
Job description for the position of Mechanical Engineer with HLB, LLC. This is a contract to permanent position.
We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer (ME) to join our product development team at our office in Evanston, Illinois. This MDE will report directly to the engineering manager and will design and document mechanical components, assemblies, or full products. The MDE should be capable of completing projects of high complexity and will need to collaborate with other mechanical engineers and industrial designers.
• Conceive and develop product designs and systems at all levels of complexity; when required, create engineering and project documentation
• Utilize CAD tools (SolidWorks) to develop designs through various stages (conceptual, engineering, and production) including production drawings
• Apply established manufacturing processes (injection molding, die casting, sheet metal forming) and materials (metals, composites, plastics) to product designs.
• Research and recommend new design, prototyping, or manufacturing processes when applicable
• Possess strong working knowledge of rapid prototyping techniques, sufficient to select the most appropriate methods to generate prototypes of designs (SLA, SLS, CNC, etc.)
• Conduct and evaluate appropriate experiments to solve engineering problems and validate designs
• Work effectively as a member of a complete product development team and easily collaborate with all disciplines including industrial design, mechanical engineering, and management, both internally and externally
• Deliver results in all phases of the product development process including: conceptualization (brainstorming), engineering, analysis, prototyping, testing, production, documentation, etc.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years or more of related work experience in mechanical engineering in a corporate and/or product development consulting environment
• 5 years or more of modeling (surfacing & solids) and drawings in SolidWorks
• Proven track record of exercising judgment when selecting methods/techniques for identifying solutions to difficult and diverse assignments for both component packaging and mechanisms
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment
• Strong communication skills for collaboration with co-workers, management, and clients
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
Preferences (but not required):
• Hands on fabrication experience (concept models, prototypes, lab testing)
• Project management experience
Send HLB your resume!